Wednesday, 17 January 2007

Tourist part of Playa

After I dropped off the laundry I returned to Avenida 5 to find the family. I passed a local who looked at me and said, "hey, Meester Cowboy, you drop your doobie." Excuse me?

"Yeah, you drop your doobie. Come here." No, that's OK. You can keep it. He smiles at me. Even the drug dealers are friendly here!

I found them shopping. Donnie Darko saw a sombrero he liked at a hat store and got a lesson in haggling... a little homeschooling in Mexico. He did well. It helped that we would not give him any more money and it was coming out of his own pocket. He wanted a sombrero and knew that he wanted some cash left over for other things, so he really gave the vendor a hard time. Eventually the vendor gave in and sold Donnie a sombrero at the price he wanted. We explained afterwards that haggling was a normal part of shopping in some parts of the world. It was a good experience for him.

0 comments:

Click on Newer Posts above for the next page; to go back click on Older Posts


  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 ; modified by Jan Kat

Back to TOP