Saturday, 13 January 2007

Sun off a beach

All the beaches in the area were suffering; the resort south of us was in pretty bad shape too.

We ended up going to the beach at the resort north of us (all Mexican beaches are public, though we couldn't use the other resort's beach chairs).

Did you know that ocean water is salty? Yeah? I thought I knew that too. You don't really know it, though, until you've waded in up to your neck, laughing as the kids try to keep up, only to have a wave wash over your head and down your throat. For a moment I forgot I was standing underwater and that my kids probably were too. All I could think was, "wow! Now that's salty!" And while I like sushi, whatever else went down my throat was just a bit too fresh.

The wave passed and I surfaced, gagging, making all kinds of strange, guttural noises. Some cute chick swam by just then, of course, and gave me a look like, "aren't you a little old to be throwing up in the ocean?"

0 comments:

Click on Newer Posts above for the next page; to go back click on Older Posts


  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 ; modified by Jan Kat

Back to TOP